Perspectives Substance Use Counselling Services for Adults
Are you struggling with or affected by substance use? We can help.
Perspectives Substance Use Counselling Services for Adults provides free counselling, education, guidance and support to adults experiencing challenges related to their present or past substance use or someone else’s substance use.
Our counsellors offer support in a safe, confidential and non-judgmental atmosphere at our offices.
We believe that every person should be treated with respect and that everyone has the ability to change and take responsibility for their physical, mental and social health.
Who We Serve
Perspectives Substance Use Counselling Services for Adults is for adults aged 19 years and older living in New Westminster, their families and partners.
Perspectives services are for adults who want to address their substance use or someone else’s substance use, and receive help with mental health issues, such as anxiety and depression, in order to:
- Improve psychological and physical health and safety
- Reduce involvement with the criminal justice system
- Improve relationships with family and friends
- Improve chances of success at school and work
How We Help
Perspectives counsellors have a graduate degree (Masters level or higher) or undergraduate degree with extensive experience as substance use clinicians.
Perspectives counsellors are able to help:
- Figure out what is going on through assessment and consultation
- Set goals that are important to you
- Educate you, your family and the community about substance use issues
- Source information and referrals to residential programs, community self‑help groups, detoxification centres, and other professional resources
Counselling services are offered on a weekly and bi-weekly basis. There is no fee for counselling services.
Any adult aged 19 years of age or older and living in New Westminster can self-refer by making an intake appointment via phone or visiting our office. Intake appointments are held every Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. There is no fee for intake appointments. The first counselling service will take place 3-4 weeks after intake.
Who else can refer?
- A family member or friend
- Representative from a community group or social service organization
- Service providers in the legal system
- A medical professional or mental health care professional
- Ministry of Children & Family Development
Location: 2nd Floor - 519 Seventh Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 6A7
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (except statutory holidays)
Phone: 604-522-3722, Ext. 101
“I finally completed detox, after three unsuccessful attempts. I’m judgmental enough of myself without having to worry about others’ judgments. I have received the acceptance from Fraserside I never found before. It actually is fun to come to Fraserside.”