Community Services Desk Featured Image

Our Community Services Desk provides referrals to, and processes applications for, low-income families living in New Westminster so they may access financial assistance towards the following:

* Please note: As of January 2019, Fraserside no longer administers referrals or processes applications for New Westminster Parks and Recreation Subsidies. If you are looking to apply for this subsidy, please visit the City of New Westminster's Financial Assistance webpage.

Proof of income, address and identification will be required to apply for the above services.

Proof of income can be:

  • The Notice of Assessment regarding previous year income for each adult living in the household (financial assistance is based on household income)
  • A letter from the Ministry of Social Assistance deeming eligibility for financial assistance (e.g. Swim & Recreation Pass letter)

Proof of address can be:

  • A recent utility bill
  • Current driver's license

Proof of identification can be:

  • Current picture ID (e.g. BCID, driver's license, passport)
Contact the Community Services Desk during Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (closed 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm) by calling 604-522-3722 or visiting at 2nd Floor - 519 Seventh Street in New Westminster.