Home Share Services
Do you want to make a difference in the life of an adult with a developmental disability?
Home Share is a contracted service that provides adults with developmental disabilities the opportunity to live in the community. Fraserside is looking for welcoming people to open up their homes and lives to support persons with disabilities.
As a Home Share Provider, you would meet the needs of a person with a developmental disability and celebrate their abilities with the belief that each person has their own strengths, needs and potential. Your role would be to support the person to maximize their potential, realize their dreams, and help them live a satisfying life that is inclusive of their family, friends and community. You would be responsible for the safety, support and general well-being of the person living with you. Fraserside would walk the journey with you by providing support, training and guidance.
We are currently seeking:
- A basement suite in the New Westminster area for a very pleasant, independent, young male who enjoys hiking, gardening and being outdoors. He will require support with cooking and is otherwise independent with regular employment and other activities of daily living.
- A home in the New Westminster, Burnaby or Tri-Cities area for an individual who is semi-independent.
- Home Share Providers experienced with working challenging behaviours.
If this rewarding experience interests you, and you would like more information, please contact our Home Share Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-522-3722, Ext.109).
- Support for a suitably matched individual
- Will uphold the mission of Fraserside and have a similar philosophy and values
- Prior employment history and completed Home Share Provider Application Form
- Completed home study
- Training and/or experience working with adults with a developmental disability
- Three references (relative/friend, business, and former employer)
- Criminal record check
- Completed recruitment documents
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificate
“I decided to become a Home Share provider because my experience and resources have taught me the skills needed to provide support and care for the right person in our home. We have provided Home Share for six years and although we have had a few bumps in the road as a team, everyone involved has always had our person’s best interest at heart….making our experience rewarding and genuine.”
“We started our career as Home Share providers after we saw our neighbour taking wonderful care of a disabled young man. We thought that we could also help someone in need. Two years later that same young man came to us as a respite through Home Share. What a small world!”
“We believed that our family could provide a caring, nurturing and safe environment by sharing our home and providing support for a person with a disability. We learned that sharing is a challenging yet rewarding experience. A home share provider is dedicated to helping the individual enhance their life, and realise their dreams.”
”Home Share enables us to share our family life with someone who needs a home. Our experience has been amazing and we have a great relationship with the individual we support. It is very fulfilling work.”