Fraserside’s vision is to “Create communities of belonging where the diversity of all people is welcome.” This is how we strive to accomplish our vision:
We provide a variety of housing options so people have a safe home.
- We run a Family Emergency Shelter, which is a high barrier shelter for parents (fathers and mothers), women and children
- We provide supported housing where people receive supports from staff so they can live independently
- We contract with members of the community to provide housing to people with disabilities
- Fraserside operates a low barrier housing facility. We own an apartment building where we provide mixed housing to people on low and moderate-incomes
We support people so they can make a contribution.
- We are co-owners of Fraser Works, a co-op that provides employment services to people looking for work
- We support people with developmental disabilities and with mental health issues to find and maintain employment
- We run a small volunteer program, which provides opportunities for people to make a contribution to their community by volunteering at Fraserside
We form relationships with the people we serve.
- The relationships between the staff and the people we serve is a crucial step toward building relationships in the community
- We facilitate community connections among the people who live in our facilities and participate in our programs
- We encourage relationships between people and their communities. For example, we drive people to doctor’s appointments, host birthday parties with family members and visits to seniors' drop-in centers.
We value people for their diversity * We help people achieve their learning goals. * We support relationship and connections. * We focus on the larger community welcoming all of its members.