Fraserside is inspired to create communities of belonging where the diversity of all people is welcome. We fulfill this vision according to our values and strategic directions.
Read stories about our impact:
We provide a variety of housing options so people have a safe home.
- We run a Family Emergency Shelter, which is a high barrier shelter for parents (fathers and mothers), women and children
- We provide supported housing where people receive supports from staff so they can live independently
- We contract with members of the community to provide housing to people with disabilities
- Fraserside operates a low barrier housing facility. We own an apartment building where we provide mixed housing to people on low and moderate-incomes
We support people so they can make a contribution.
- We are co-owners of Fraser Works, a co-op that provides employment services to people looking for work
- We support people with developmental disabilities and with mental health issues to find and maintain employment
- We run a small volunteer program, which provides opportunities for people to make a contribution to their community by volunteering at Fraserside
We form relationships with the people we serve.
- The relationships between the staff and the people we serve is a crucial step toward building relationships in the community
- We facilitate community connections among the people who live in our facilities and participate in our programs
- We encourage relationships between people and their communities. For example, we drive people to doctor’s appointments, host birthday parties with family members and visits to seniors' drop-in centers.
We value people for their diversity * We help people achieve their learning goals. * We support relationship and connections. * We focus on the larger community welcoming all of its members.