Ibsen offers a two-year transitional housing program for adults with mental illness. Our five self-contained apartments provide semi-independent housing, helping individuals to learn and put into action the necessary skills for successful independent living.
Fraserside staff bring a harm reduction philosophy and a client-centered approach to ensure our program is tailored to each individual. We support and motivate participants to face the challenges of independent living whilst building a support network and a community of belonging.
- Be over 19 years of age and have a history of mental illness
- Be connected with a therapist at the New Westminster Mental Health Centre
- Agree to attend regular appointments with their therapist
- Be stabilized on medication and able to self administer medications
- Be able to function without 24 hour supervision
- Be seeking a goal of independent living
- Agree to enter into a tenancy agreement with Fraserside Community Services