Home Share Services Featured Image

Fraserside is proud to provide Home Share Services for adults with developmental or physical disabilities. We work closely with families in the communities of New Westminster, Burnaby and the Tri-Cities area who wish to share their home and provide ongoing support. We work to find the right match for each person – and family – who would like to participate in Home Share.

Fraserside is a community-based agency qualified by Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) to deliver home sharing services. For more information about home sharing, visit CLBC's website.

Information for Home Share Providers

Home Share Providers are those who would like to open their homes, families and hearts to an individual with developmental and/or physical disabilities.

Home Share Providers are independent contractors. They are responsible for the safety, support, care, supervision and general well-being of the individual placed in their home. Fraserside Home Share Services operate in compliance with Fraserside’s mission, service philosophy, values and polices.

Service Criteria for Home Share Providers

  • Must make a long-term commitment to provide a residential placement and support for a suitably matched individual.
  • Will uphold the mission of the agency and have a like philosophy and values
  • Prior employment history and completed application form
  • Completed home study
  • Training and /or experience working with adults with a developmental disability
  • 3 references (relative/friend, business and former employer)
  • Criminal record check
  • Completed recruitment documents
  • Current first-aid certificate
  • Current non-violent crisis intervention certificate
  • Valid class 4 driver license desired
  • WorkSafeBC insurance coverage

Fraserside takes pride in contracting with incredible families who provide excellent care to our clients. Some families have been sharing their homes for more than 12 years. The satisfaction and personal gratification from being a Home Share Provider are clearly evident:

“I decided to become a Home Share provider because my experience and resources have taught me the skills needed to provide support and care for the right person in our home. We have provided Home Share for six years and although we have had a few bumps in the road as a team, everyone involved has always had our person’s best interest at heart….making our experience rewarding and genuine.”

“We started our career as Home Share providers after we saw our neighbour taking wonderful care of a disabled young man. We thought that we could also help someone in need. Two years later that same young man came to us as a respite through Home Share. What a small world!”

“We believed that our family could provide a caring, nurturing and safe environment by sharing our home and providing support for a person with a disability. We learned that sharing is a challenging yet rewarding experience. A home share provider is dedicated to helping the individual enhance their life, and realise their dreams.”

”Home Share enables us to share our family life with someone who needs a home. Our experience has been amazing and we have a great relationship with the individual we support. It is very fulfilling work.”

Current Postings for Home Share Providers

We seek a Home Share Provider in New Westminster, Burnaby or the Tri-Cities area for a young woman who would like to live independently, preferably in a suite or private shared living arrangement, with its own kitchen or kitchen access. This individual will need additional support and assistance with transportation, and positive encouragement for self-advocacy. Contact our Home Share Coordinator for more information.

We seek Home Share Providers in the New Westminster, Burnaby or Tri-Cities area that have experience in the field as a support worker, caregiver, nurse, or mental health worker as well as experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, mental health or behavioral challenges. Contact our Home Share Coordinator for more information.

We seek Home Share Providers located in New Westminster, Burnaby or the Tri-Cities who speak Tagalog and are interested in sharing their home with a young man with developmental disabilities. Contact our Home Share Coordinator for more information.

We seek Respite Providers interested in assisting our Home Share Providers with temporary relief from their role supporting an adult with disabilities. Respite Providers allow primary care providers an opportunity to rest. Being a Respite Provider is a great opportunity for new Home Share Providers or those considering becoming Home Share Providers. Contact our Home Share Coordinator for more information or complete and submit the Home Share Provider Application Form.

Apply to be a Home Share Provider

Persons interested in providing a Home Share placement may complete a Home Share Provider Application Form and send to the Home Share Coordinator:

  • By email: homeshare1@fraserside.bc.ca
  • By mail: c/o Fraserside Community Services Society, 2nd Floor - 519 Seventh Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 6A7
  • By fax: 604-522-4031

Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in screening, home study, and review of procedures and requirements.

For more information, contact the Home Share Coordinator at homeshare1@fraserside.bc.ca or 604-522-3722, Ext. 109.

Information for Persons Served

Rights and Safeguards

Fraserside works to ensure that the persons served by our Home Share Services, and their families, understand their rights and know how to safeguard themselves.

We review this Rights & Responsibilities document with each person served.

We recommend this self-advocacy guide by Community Living British Columbia about advocating for your rights and understanding safeguards for yourself.

Home Share Complaint Resolution Process

Fraserside's Home Share Services welcomes your comments and complaints, and we welcome working with you on a resolution. You may wish to make your complaint formal by putting it in writing using this form:

Home Share Complaint Resolution Form (Fillable PDF) (Please save a copy of this form to your computer before inputting your information.)